Message from the Department Head
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Grandparents
On behalf of the faculty and staff of the Little Thunderbird Academy, I am happy to welcome you to the Little Thunderbird Academy! We are thrilled you have chosen Tuba City Boarding School as to where you want your child educated.
We look forward to working with you and establishing a strong partnership to ensure your student achieves their highest academic potential. We recognize every student’s success is dependent upon support from both the home and school. Therefore, we commit to a strong school-parent partnership as this makes a difference in your child’s education. As partners in student learning, we share the responsibility for their success. We will do our very best to carry out those responsibilities.
We ask for your parental guidance and support of your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- 1. Get plenty of rest each night by going to bed early;
- 2. Attends school daily and is ready for the day’s learning experience;
- 3. Reads at least 30 minutes each day after school to improve reading skills;
- 4. Shares school experiences with you so you are aware of his/her school life;
- 5. Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area of school;
- 6. Know that you expect him/her to succeed in school.
The Student/Parent Handbook, which details school policy regarding many aspects of the school operation has been sent home with each student. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me or to discuss them with your child’s teacher.
Again, we look forward to working with you and your child as we work together toward an academically successful school year. Ahéhee’, Askwali.
Marie R. Morales, Department Head
Little Thunderbird Academy